Thursday 27 June 2024

June 26 Workshop planning

        Today, I visited the garden to grab more plants to practice making a tea out of. So far I have been mixing dry lemon balm leaves with various raspberries and currants. I have noticed many raspberries come out recently so I was very excited to use them in making tea. I was also going to try using the raspberry and currant leaves to make tea and see how that goes. We then met up as a group to talk about our Saturday workshop and figure out the types of activities that would help better understand for participants like how to explain the harvesting process and drying out plants for tea so that they have a longer shelf life. I have not much success with fennel in tea as I did not really enjoy the flavour in tea, but I’m sure someone out there does. Justin did some research on leaves we could include in the teamaking process, so that was exciting!


Andrea also showed her progress working with acrylic and watercolor to do leaf prints on canvas/paper. They came out well and had some very vibrant patterns, the only issue was the time to dry to layer the paints together.


Overall, this is very exciting as we are getting closer to the workshop day and can't wait to share the knowledge we have developed and do fun activities with people.





No comments:

Post a Comment