Intergenerational Landed Learning Project : Position Title – Landed Learning Communications Assistant
The Intergenerational Landed Learning Project, a garden-based learning program and research project of the UBC Faculty of Education is currently accepting applications for the position of Landed Learning Communications Assistant for the 2013-14 school year. Landed Learning partners children with community volunteers to learn together by growing, cooking, and eating local food at the UBC Farm. The Landed Learning Communications Assistant will attend and photograph the activities of the project, including weekly Farm visits on Wednesdays and Thursdays, 9:30am-3:30pm, September-October 2013 and February-June 2014. The successful candidate will assist in the documentation and communication of project activities, objectives, and outcomes through web-based media and written reports.
- Start Date: September 2013
- Part-time (~20 hours/week), Sept-Oct and Feb-June; possibility of work in November-Jan.
- Must be available 9am-3pm Wednesdays and Thursdays; remaining hours are flexible during the week.
- Suitable for a UBC undergraduate or graduate student.
- Wage: $14-15 per hour, depending on experience.
How to Apply
E-mail a cover letter and a resume clearly detailing your experiences and qualifications for this position to Stacy Friedman at firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Attach to the email a single PDF document that contains your cover letter and resume. Ensure your name is included in the file name.
- Ensure your e-mail subject line clearly refers to the position title for which you are applying.
- Include a copy of the cover letter in the body of your application email.
- Applications must be received no later than 5pm, Monday, June 24, 2013.
- Interviews will take place the week of July 2. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Please no phone calls.
More information about the Intergenerational Landed Learning Project can be found at: http://m2.edcp.educ.ubc.ca/llp2012/