Sustainable Opportunities for Youth Leadership (SOYL) offers Vancouver teenagers engagement opportunities that contribute to personal growth and develop leadership capacity in sustainable food systems. In the SOYL Year 1 Summer Internship, youth build, manage, and advocate for school gardens across Vancouver while cultivating knowledge and hands-on skills in food production, soil management, planning and construction, food preparation and preservation, environmental leadership, and community engagement.
SOYL has two staff openings for the SOYL 2014 Year 1 Summer Internship. Each opening consists of a part-time and full-time position. Preference will be given to qualified candidates who are available to work both positions.
· Youth Garden Worker: Part-time: May 26-July 4, 2014 (6 weeks, 20 hours/week) for a total of 120 hours is a Work Learn position that will prepare staff for a similar full-time position, Youth Garden Education Worker
· Youth Garden Education Worker: Full-time: July 7-August 29, 2014 (8 weeks, 40 hours/week) for a total of 320 hours (pending funding approval from Canada Summer Jobs)
Due to our funding regulations of Canada Summer Jobs and UBC Work Learn, these positions are open to qualified UBC undergraduate or graduate students who will 15-30 on July 7, 2014.
· Position details: See tinyurl.com/SOYLjob
· To Apply: Send cover letter and resume in a single PDF to email@example.com.
o State your availability for both positions in your cover letter.
o Please ensure your name is included in the file name
o Please ensure the subject line of your email refers to the position.
o Include a copy of the cover letter in the body of your application email
· Application closing date: Monday, April 14, 5pm